I have three of my photographic works in this year’s 2018 IAA Animal Art Competition & Exhibition, while artworks will be for sale viewing the exhibition is free and open to the public from August 26th through September 28th during normal hours at the Jaycee Parks Center for the Arts located at 1975 Puritan Drive in Irving, Texas. A reception will be held on September 9th from 2-4pm.
Please join me in supporting my fellow colleagues in the Grapevine Art Project as we celebrate the end of our most recent exhibition. The Grapevine Art Project has had over 15 of our members exhibiting 2D and 3D artworks inside the Lancaster Theater during July & August. We invite all of you to join us for a free and open to the public artist reception on Friday, August 24th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
Not only is it one of the last chances to see the exhibit, but many of the artists will be present so you can talk directly to them about their works.
Please share across social media and facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/916355651894950/
The GAP member show was juried and the following awards were handed out:
- The Best In Show award went to Charice Cooper for her oil The Risk Takers.
- Painting: First Place went to Chris Brandley for her oil Slice of Key Lime. Honorable mention was awarded to Beverly Richmond for her oil Days Work Done.
- In Photography, First Place went to Looking Back by Bruce Rosenstiel. Honorable mention ribbons were awarded to Grande Mosque by Klaus Mayer and Chiang Mai Umbrellas by Bruce Rosenstiel.
- The First Place Ribbon in Pottery went to Sue Jackson for 3 Pitchers.
- In Sculpture, the First Place Ribbon was awarded to Deb Hart for Armadillo on the Town.
- In Jewelry, the First Place Ribbon went to Shirley Matteson for Mosaic.