K.C. Hulsman’s photography seeks to immortalize with her camera that singular, fleeting moment of beauty and wonder so often found in nature.
She enjoys traipsing across the Texas countryside in pursuit of wildflowers, as well as capturing those quintessentially Texan shots from horses, to Texas Longhorns. Specializing specifically in nature photography inspired by the vivid colors and enlarged flowers of Georgia O’Keeffe’s paintings as well as the impressionistic majesty of Claude Monet–the flowers, trees, and yes even the birds and the bees are often found within her viewfinder.
She just sees art around her everywhere and enjoys painting the world with the prismatic visions she finds behind her lens. She constantly looks to the photographic works of some of the masters of fine art photography: the monochromatic landscapes of Ansel Adams, the nature photography of Florian Schulz, the architectural visions of Andrew Prokos, and so many more.
K.C. is an alumna of the University of Texas at Arlington where she received a Master of Arts in the Humanities. In addition to her passion for photography, she has also studied drawing, glass blowing, stained glass, as well as metal and jewelry. She possesses professional experience in graphic design. She’s currently a member of the Texas Photographic Society, Grapevine Art Project, and Trinity Arts Guild.
My work can currently be found at:
- Central Arts of Bedford – in Bedford, Texas
My work was previously found at:
- RiverWinds Gallery – January – April 2017, in Beacon, New York
Exhibitions & Art Shows:
- GAP at the Grand, April 3 – May 6, 2017, Grand Gallery at the Grapevine Convention & Visitor’s Bureau in Grapevine, Texas
- Cleburne Camera Club’s 2017 Photo Contest & Exhibition Sale, April 29 – May 26, 2017, JN Long Cultural Arts Complex in Cleburne, Texas
Events & Festivals:
- Main Street Days, May 19 – 21, 2017, at the Foust Event Space in Grapevine, Texas