For those of you in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, please come on out and support me as well as other local artists at the next themed show at the Central Arts of Bedford. I’ll have several pieces for sale in the exhibit featuring some of the ‘critters’ (Ravens, Ducks, Longhorns, and Bees oh my!) I’ve taken photos of in my nature photography. I will be on hand until at least 9pm to admire the works of others, and to talk about my own photographic works. I hope to see you there!
Me & My Critter
Saturday, July 8, 2017
7pm – 11pm
Central Arts of Bedford
2816 Central Dr. #140, Bedford, Texas 76021
On a recent trip to Austin, Texas I decided to swing by one of the city’s hidden gems, the Mayfield Park which features cottage style gardens, ponds of waterlilies, and peacocks roaming the grounds. I was there for about 2 hours waiting for a magical moment, and then finally one of the peacocks decided to spread their magnificent plumage in a full display. Nature Photography is part planning, part skill, part patience, and part luck. Of course I remembered one of the most crucial tenets of nature photography, don’t forget to look behind you, and don’t forget to look up, which helped me notice one particular peacock hanging out in a trees branches around 16 feet above me.
Alright folks, I’ll be accepting internet sales for my greeting cards, so long as you live in Texas. (I’m still figuring out tax responsibilities for those outside the Lone Star State, sorry! Stay tuned, because I will be selling outside Texas! And there will be a more traditional e-commerce store front coming too!)
- 5 x 5 inch Folded Greeting Card
- Blank Inside
- Each card comes with an envelope
- Printed on Metallic Pearl Cardstock. You can view some video here, to see the specialty paper.
- $5 each, or any combination of 5 cards for $20.
- Plus Texas sales Tax (8.25%)
- US Shipping & Handling of $7.
Texas Longhorns 1
Texas Longhorns 3
Quacked Up pair
Quoth the Raven
6 designs to choose from (in limited quantities):
- Texas Longhorns I (one facing, one mostly turned away)
- Texas Longhorns III (side profiles)
- Quoth the Raven
- Quacked Up Pair (Ducks)
Things of Note:
- Some Postal Services may require extra postage on square shaped pieces of mail.
- Because the inside of the card has the same paper treatment as the front, this means that it’s a bit tricky to write on. I’ve had the best success with Sharpie Markers (not to be confused with the Sharpie Pens), but you will need to give it about 10 seconds to prevent smudging.
To purchase please:
- Send an email to me at email@example.com
- Include your name, email address, and complete mailing address (street address, city, state, zip)
- Include the quantity of cards you are interested in and specify which design(s)
- I’ll then verify stock, and if everything is in order, send you an invoice to request payment.
I am a big believer that no space is too small for art. Whether it’s your office in a row of cubicles, a locker, or a wee little nook, you can always fill it with things that inspire and move you.
In that spirit, I’ve put together a bunch of mini-frames, with 3×3 inch prints inside them of my photos, which I’ll be selling at my booth in the Foust Event Center for $10 a piece this upcoming weekend (May 19-21, 2017) at Main Street Days in Grapevine, Texas. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s available: